Two years ago today I got engaged. One year ago I had an episode of depression that seemingly came out of nowhere. But it was also a year ago I decided to LISTEN to the little voice I had been so adamantly trying to ignore - it was telling me engaged and in that situation was NOT where I needed to be. Today was pretty uneventful but I’m reflecting on how different things are now and how much happier I am being myself FOR myself and not trying to make other people happy or comfortable. I’m reflecting on how hard it was to get to where I am now and how I wouldn’t be the woman I am today or on my way to do amazing things later this year had it not been for getting brave and actually doing those hard things. I hope if you’re reading this you can do those hard things you’ve been avoiding or at least start to look them in the face because that’s the bravest thing you can ever do.
“Selfishness in the best possible sense, is adopting extreme self care. The purpose of extreme self care is to create a positively selfish focus on balance, well being, and quality of life.” .
I used to look everywhere outside my self for love, care and validation. What I got was the exact opposite until I learned to be extremely selfish. No one can care for you the way you can. Show people how to care for you by being the best example of that by showing yourself that care first. #beselfish#selfulness#selfiesunday
1. Change your view of selfishness
2. Know what you want and say so.
3. Meet your needs and build a reserve.
4. Be generous to others with your reserves.
5. Stop hanging out with people who abhor selfishness. Guess who they are sucking energy out of; you. Because they aren’t giving it to themselves.
6. Unhook yourself from negative connotations of being selfish.
7. Spend the next 7 days doing something very selfish.
8. Say no, just because you don’t feel like it. That’s enough of a reason, and you shouldn’t feel guilty.
9. Give your gifts room to develop. Nourish your gifts and allow them to develop.
10. Take what you need. When others show up and are willing to give, accept their offering, don’t be picky about who meets what need. Maybe you think x person should meet this need but y is willing to give it. Be accepting of your blessings and not picky about how it’s offered. True blessings only have one source when it comes down to it.