One of my favourite reads from 2016!! American Pastoral swept me away and left me spinning, I honestly felt a buzz while reading this book. I need to read more Philip Roth. A storm was sweeping in fast and I got home just in time to miss the rain and get this shot.
I'll take this opportunity to catch up on a tag from June -
#10thingsiwouldneversay which I was tagged by @theponderedpassage
1. Mmmm.... cheese.
2. That's dope / dude / slammin' (or most slang as a rule, it sounds ridiculous coming from me).
3. I feel like dancing (I'm rhythmically challenged)
4. Kevin Costner is better than Harrison Ford (@sweetonioneats that's as close as you'll come to ever hearing those words leave my lips).
5. We don't need anymore Star Trek shows / movies.
6. I am a morning person.
7. Call me Gracie
8. Catherine and Heathcliffe were such a romantic couple.
9. It needed more cowbell.
10. Michael Fassbender is hideous.
I will tag @thesistersread @pawingthroughpages And anyone else who would like to do this challenge.
Seems like the sun has made a return in this part of the world! I didn't realise it was going to be so hot yesterday and nearly ended up as a melted heap on the pavement. Saara meanwhile had a lovely snooze in the shade under her umbrella! #mumdiaries Most of our walk was so wonderfully quiet - I had rustling trees and my thoughts for company - quite heavenly really #MummyAndBabyWalks
Hope it's not too hot where you are right now!!
'Never marry a man that can't be bothered to spell "Night" properly. Lazy with words, lazy with life.'
Two words to review this book - Bloody Brilliant. 99p on Kindle. Go get it if it's not sitting on your shelf already. The most hilarious yet accurate account of Muslim fiction. I can't remember when I have laughed so much whilst reading a book yet at the same time nodded in agreement. Ayisha Malik gets it spot on. Worth every single 5 star on #Goodreads - Oh and by the way Nads, you rock. Thank you for this recommendation. Love you long time @nadirasworld