Local Hashtags - Small Wins Can Equal a Huge Local Following!
There are a lot of ways to promote your brand or business locally. The social media landscape is expanding every day and its tough to keep up with the Jones. Where do you start? You could hire a professional to market your business, take a course or read daily tips like this post here.
If you just don't have the budget to hire a pro, be prepared to do a lot of reading and testing. If your business strengths depend on lots of visuals to sell your product or service then you are in the right space.
1) Do your research and watch who comes into your business. Take notes. Everyone that enters your business may be a future repeat customer. Think about where they may hang out online? Greet them and ask where they are from? How did you hear about us?
2) Research hashtags that could be used locally. Google your business on google maps to see neighboring cities and towns that may be potential hashtags. They may not have a huge following or a ton of posts though you stand a better chance of using these hashtags to catch the interest of someone locally that may visit your business. Use of local hashtags produces better results locally as they are not in high demand and top post positions are easier to obtain.
3) Consistency is key! If your competitor gets a ton of engagement yet only posts once a week locally or their content is subpar, routine posts with great content will trump every time! Even with 10 - 20 likes in a local market. Check your local hashtags and see the difference in the engagement of local posts. A pattern starts to form.
4) Always end the post with a call to action! Now that we connected...where do we go from here? Use an address, phone number or link in the bio to take them to the destination of your choice.
Above all....be patient. One thing the gurus won't tell you is that it takes a crap ton of work and dedication in the marketing biz. Don't give up, speak from the heart and trust your gut. Like and Follow @rich_lozano for daily biz tips and content DM for Removal or Credit
Compatibility- Are we the right fit?
When you first start your journey into marketing, there are plenty of opportunities out there for the taking. Each with its own set of challenges and objectives. Everyone has to start somewhere. At one point we have all taken on a client despite the warning signs of possible negative things to come. How did you deal with it? Did you find a happy middle ground? Were the task and expectations way out of scope?
Let's face it...not every client is going to turn into a great relationship. Compatibility plays a key role. Sometimes you have to say " We are not a good fit " and just let it be... The truth is many businesses are at different stages of their life when they connect for the first time. They are ready to shake things up though they may not have the budget to do so.
So what do you do?
1) Run a client audit just to be sure your intuition is correct. This will provide information to touch down on during the meet and greet.
2) Give "tough love" where needed. Most will respect your honesty and transparency.
3) Provide value that they can try instantly. We know what we are worth so it may make good business sense to toss out a free nugget of gold that the business can test if things don't work out to show a sign of goodwill.
This helps keep your foot in the door. If they profit from your tip, they will be sure to reach out to you in the future when they can afford you. Remember in this dating game, don't settle for a one night stand and keep swiping till you find the one. You deserve it.... Like and Follow @rich_lozano for daily biz tips and content DM for Removal or Credit