Sevilla 0 - 0 Manchester United
Sevilla were unable to make their
dominance tell as Manchester United left the Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan with a 0-0 draw.
Manchester United survived plenty of pressure to claim a 0-0 draw at #Sevilla in the first leg of their Champions league last-16 clash, owing particular thanks to an immense David de Gea save at the end of the first half.
Sevilla controlled proceedings for much of the game and, although they generally struggled to craft clear-cut chances, Luis Muriel saw their best denied in stunning fashion by De Gea as #United battled to return home with honours even.
Kindly Like this post .
Follow Us for more Sports Action, News, Fun and Updates @layemisport
Key Opta facts:
- Five of Manchester United's last seven Champions League away matches in Spain have ended goalless.
- This was Manchester United's ninth clean sheet in their last 11 matches in all competitions and their 23rd in all
competitions this season – three more than any other Premier League side.
- United have drawn 22 matches in the Champions League goalless, a record they share with AC Milan.
- Sevilla failed to score in a home Champions League game for the first time – this was their 19th home match in the competition.
- Only Aleksandar Kolarov (nine times v FK Qarabag in September) has been fouled more in a Champions League game this season than Alexis Sanchez in this match (6).
- Scott McTominay became the fourth youngest Englishman to start a Champions League knockout match for the Red Devils – only Wayne Rooney, Phil Neville and Phil Jones were younger.